Terra Firma Enterprises president, Wendy Haddock Milligan, has worked in the field of Emergency Management since 1988. Eight of those years were spent with the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services (OES). As the Assistant Director of Ventura County Sheriffs OES, she met federal and state requirements with all county response plans, created a nationally recognized community disaster training program, designed and implemented numerous training programs, and exercises for private and public sectors, coordinated the response to six presidential disasters, and recovered millions of dollars for the County in the Federal and State reimbursement process. Currently, she directs her efforts towards counties, cities and special districts in assisting them with their emergency management programs.
Not only does Wendy Haddock Milligan have years of experience in the field of emergency management, she also holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the Monterey Institute of International Studies, a certification from the International Association of Emergency Managers as a Certified Emergency Manager, a certificate as a Master Exercise Practitioner from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and a certificate as a Hazardous Materials Emergency Manager from the University of California at Davis.
Wendy Haddock Milligan has written over 90 comprehensive Emergency Response and Hazard Mitigation plans ranging from small jurisdictions to large counties and has designed and implemented over 70 exercises varying from specific drills to full scale weapons of mass destruction exercises consistent with the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP and has trained thousands of professionals learning more about emergency management, SEMS, NIMS, ICS and HSEEP).
Wendy Haddock Milligan is a past member of the Board of Directors for the California Emergency Services Association, Southern Chapter and a current member and a long standing member of IAEM.
Wendy participated as part of the response and recovery organization on the following emergencies/disasters:
- Thomas Fire 2017 – DR 4353 – City of Ventura, Public Assistance Technical Specialist
- Jesusita Fire 2009 – City of Santa Barbara – EMMA Mutual Aid- EOC Coordinator
- Winter Storms 2005 – DR 1577 & 1585 – Co. EOC Tech Specialist & Cost Recovery
- Wildfires – 2003 – DR 1498 – Technical Specialist, Cost Recovery at County EOC
- Winter Storms – 1998 – DR 1203 -Technical Specialist, Cost Recovery at County EOC
- La Conchita 1 – 1995 – Liaison Officer on Scene
- Severe Winter Storms – DR 1044, 1046-1995 – Co. Liaison Ofcr & Cost Recovery Unit
- Northridge Earthquake – DR 1008-1994 – Liaison Officer & Cost Recovery Unit
- Winter Storms – DR 979 – 1992 – Liaison Officer and Cost Recovery Unit Leader
- Southern California Wildfire Siege – 1993 – Cost Recovery Unit Leader
- Seacliff – 1992 – Part of the Unified Pubic Information Officers Team on scene